Thursday, November 02, 2006

Chris Tomlin - Indescribable
From the album Arriving

From the highest of heights to the depths of the sea,
Creation's revealing Your majesty.
From the colors of fall to the fragrance of spring,
Every creature unique in the song that it sings. All exclaiming...
(Chorus)
Indescribable, Uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.
You are amazing God.
All powerful, Untamable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees and we humbly proclaim,
You are amazing God.
Who has told every lightning bolt where it should go,
Or seen heavenly storehouses laden with snow?
Who imagined the sun and gives source to its light,
Yet conceals it to give us the coolness of night?
None can fathom...
(Chorus)
Incomparable, Unchangeable,
You see the depths of my heart and You love me the same.
You are amazing God.



“Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Lisa,
Happy Birthday to you.”

Last Monday was my birthday. We will not go into the age I turned. I like to tell people it is my birthday. It’s actually quite amazing how I can work it into almost any conversation. I love hearing “Happy Birthday” and I guess I like to get gifts too.
My kids made me cards for my birthday. They included a dollar in each card and refused to take it back. I thought that was precious. I guess we must be doing something right with those kids. They have Jesus in their hearts, and they are becoming givers rather than receivers. I am blessed just to be in their presence.
See, my children are a present from God. He decided we could take care of them, and He wrote them into our lives. I am saddened for the days my children spent without hearing of Jesus, but I have to let that go. God knew that would happen. “All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” (Psalm 139.16)
This leads me to my thought for today. Why do I make my birthday such a big deal? Why do I want everyone to know so they can celebrate with me? Hold on; I have a theory!
I think we are born with an inner knowledge of God. I believe I am excited about the day I was born because God is excited about the day I was born! As a matter of fact, He says it in His word. Look- “The Lord you God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.” (Zephaniah 3.17)
Here’s another one: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.” (Isaiah 43.1) It’s cool when you think about it. You have to believe that God is telling the truth and that He really does know you. Individually. He is madly in love with you, and there is no sin or no faults that can stop Him from loving you. “Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give me in exchange for you, and people in exchange for you life. Do not be afraid for I am with you.” God in Isaiah 43.4-5)
Who says that and doesn’t mean it? It gives me reason to explore further. And when I do, I find Jesus, dying for the world. Dying to give the people on earth the choice to live forever. “My [children] listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.” –Jesus in John 10.27-28
I have always enjoyed my birthday and I like other people to share in my joy. I know that my joy comes from God. He finds delight with me; why would he not celebrate my birthday too?
And just think; he celebrates your birthday too. think about it.

No comments: