Friday, September 02, 2005

A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH PART 2

Of course I was overjoyed! This diamond was my solid, concrete proof that God was and is actively working in my life. It also signified a covenant with my husband. I think it was no coincidence that God used my diamond for this lesson. My relationship with my husband went through many 'lost' times when it looked like there was no hope. But God had kept us together according to His purposes, and He means for us to stay together for all time.
Ironically, I have not found a new career yet. I know that God has a plan, and I am trying to be patient. When I misplace my faith, all I have to do is look down at my ring and I know that He won't let me down.

"I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness. Again I will build you and you will be rebuilt." Jeremiah 31.3-4

God truly loves everyone that could possibly be reading this right now. He loves you. I am confident that God knew exactly where and when I would find my diamond. And, He knew it before the world began. How? Ha-Ha. I have no idea, and it hurts to even try to think about that.
Stop and think about occurrences that happen in your life that have no explanation. It's not karma, trust me. God does all kinds of things to get our attention. Sometimes, like in my case, we come to a rock bottom in our lives and find that He is there to pick us up. He is constantly trying to draw us into Him. It says in scripture that He wishes none shall perish. But He is a gentleman. He doesn't force Himself upon us, that would be brainwashing, not a relationship. He desires a relationship with us. To me, that's the best part. Where's the joy in being forced to worship something?
What might He be doing to attract your gaze? It's hard at this point in the world to get anyone's attention. Everything vies for a chance, and everybody seems to be focused on themselves. Maybe He needs to keep trying. Look around you. Check out an incredible sunset, or the birds flying South together. Or look at the stars in the midnight sky. Don't they look just like diamonds...
Think about it.

No comments: