Friday, August 26, 2005

PLEASE READ BEFORE DISMISSING...IT'S GONNA BE A GOOD SHOW

This is my first post. I'm mildly excited about starting a blog. I don't know what the future will hold for these postings, but I am hopeful. I hear so much, practically inundated by what pop culture defines a 'Christian' as, but I never hear an intelligent rebuttal. Sure, I hear people like Pat Robertson, and that pastor down at Westboro Baptist, and of course they give an outstanding example of who we are. (hint-I find sarcasm to be an artform when used correctly.) However, it seems that the media and people who don't care to find out who we really are jump on the fringe representations to catagorically dismiss all of us. Just as I don't dismiss all vegans by someone who changed their name to a dotcom, I don't think we should all be dismissed because someone takes their message to an extreme.
I am not a fringe apologist. I am simply a completely corrupt sinner that has been bought and restored by Jesus. I think that Christians who are born-again need to wake up and quit sitting around idly and allowing the fringe to represent all of us. I want to see us return to the book of Acts, when the Spirit was alive and they knew it. Sunday is just another day of the week, what are you doing with the other six?
For anyone that decides to read this who is seeking, or is doubting, please keep with me. I promise that this adventure is for anyone with a pulse and who likes to think. I dislike the thought that this would be a blog by a Christian, for a Christian. This is not an 'us/them' blog. These are coherent thoughts by a woman who spent most of her life running from God, and laughing at Christians just as much as the other guy. Thing is, I found out the truth.
So please, take this journey with me, and we will see what we see.

No comments: