Thursday, August 03, 2006

at the cross we remember

So, we pick up where we left off last week. I started this week feeling lost and alone. I did not have an answer to the question I posed last week; which was, “How can we handle our lives knowing Jesus is truly right beside us?”
Well, after talking with friends and counselors, I believe with my whole being that it comes down to this:

Jeremy Riddle - Sweetly Broken
From the album Sweetly Broken
To the cross I look, to the cross I cling
Of its suffering I do drink
Of its work I do sing
For on it my Savior both bruised and crushed
Showed that God is loveAnd God is just

Chorus:
At the cross You beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees, and I am
Lost for words, so lost in love,
I’m sweetly broken, wholly surrendered

What a priceless gift, undeserved life
Have I been given
Through Christ crucified
You’ve called me out of death
You’ve called me into life
And I was under Your wrath
Now through the cross I’m reconciled

Chorus:
In awe of the cross I must confessHow wondrous Your redeeming love and
How great is Your faithfulness(2x’s)Chorus:
Label: Vineyard Music

That’s it. I have to cling to the cross and never let go. See, I kept trying to find the “secret” that would give me the faith to keep going. To believe all of this Christianity stuff was really worth something.

My heart knows the truth. My heart remembers what Jesus has done for me. how He pulled me out of a life of misery. How He saved me from myself-when I didn’t even realize what a disaster my life had become.
But my head wants to argue. My whole life people have let me down, turned away. I couldn’t stand the idea that God would grow tired of me and move on to someone better.

But when I come to the Cross; when I come to the place where precious blood was literally poured out for us; I can not longer argue.

I have to let the Cross speak for itself. I cannot give words to the price Jesus paid for us. How He wants to gather His children and spend eternity with us. So He lent Himself to torture and death; knowing the victory would be ours in the end.

So, I end this story with the chorus of another song. Consider it a bonus. If you ever search out a song, please listen to this one. It’s by Robin Mark and it’s called, “Wonder of Your Cross.” He sings these lyrics like a lullaby-like an offering.

The cross, O the wonderful cross
What Glory, what victory, I've found
I'll come to the wonderful cross
And my whole life I lay down

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So the cross is what you see to remember what God has done for us, what he continues to do for us/you everyday?

I find myself to be like a teenage child, knowing the truth, but fighting and rebelling all the while. Maybe to get "his goat" or maybe cause things don't always go my way. I don't know why I think and feel the way I do at times but, I know Gods love never leaves my heart. The truths are in me forever even when I want to push them away. Thanks for your blog.
You inspire me with your strength.