Wednesday, July 12, 2006

why i exist

I would like to start a series on music lyrics. One of my passions is music; and I would like to share some of the lyrics that really touch my heart and get my spirit moving.

So, I am starting this week with a song by a man named Lenny LeBlanc. The song’s title is, “Born to Worship.” Here are the lyrics I want to share-

So I testify of His mercy and love
Glorify my heavenly Father above
Just one thing that I am sure of
I was born you were born
Everything was made to worship Him

I was listening to this particular song while driving around Minneapolis this morning. Sometimes I listen to music and I sing out of habit rather than truly experiencing the song’s meaning. Today was different. I was focused on the music, and these words struck my soul.

I believe that everything was made to worship God. He created each and every one of us so that we may worship and love Him. I listened to the cacophony of birds singing their songs of joy. When I got home I watched my cats play, and I think about the wonder of God. That He would create everything is an awesome thought. Here’s a thought from someone else-

One thing is certain: God is not weak and has no deficiencies…everything that exists owes its existence to him, and no one can add anything to him which is not already flowing from Him”-John Piper

I have to tell the truth to you, otherwise I do this in vain. My heart broke when I watched the commuters racing to work. I watch the angry faces; I see the phones in their hands. I think about those hands that should be available to worship the Lord. I look around and I see people that do not realize what they were made for, and the true, rich joy they are missing.

Worshiping Jesus makes my insides warm. It makes my skin tingle. It makes my heart beat faster, and grow bigger. I forget my troubles, I lean on Him for truth and love.

When you finally realize the indescribable, unbelievable amount of love our Lord has for us, you cannot help but pour it back out to Him. I know I can never worship Him enough, but He loves me just the same,

Being truthful again, I admit I had a problem with the word worship in the beginning. I had a tough time bowing down to someone I could not even see. But then I found out for myself that He is indeed real.

My dictionary defines worship as, “An utterly devoted admiration for a person.” That’s it. when I became the Lord’s my life was so messed up that He really had to cle;an and fix my brokenness. My response since then is always the same. When it’s all said and done with my life, my only response to God is dropping to my knees and asking Him, “What can I do for You?” not because He needs my help, but He loves me just the same.

So, where are you in this whole great story of life? Do you give back to Him what He desires? Have you made Him your friend, the lover of your soul, your Redeemer? Think about it.

“I’m not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don’t get me wrong; but no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward-to Jesus. I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back.” – Paul in Philippians 3.12-14

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it would do the world(people) a great service to slow down and enjoy the little things. Think about it. The thing most preventing us from enjoying the little things is earthly worries(stress). Things that do not matter to our eternal life. I am glad, and its a good reminder, to hear how you can look past the bussiness of a morning rush and enjoy and worship God. Thank You.