Wednesday, March 01, 2006

this kind of love (part 3)

As I was reflecting on this last blog in the ‘love series,’ I was listening to the radio.  It appears that Extremists were threatening to blow the Palestinian Bible Society in the Gaza Strip if they did not leave by February 28.  The Bible Society did not leave, and the building was blown up today.  While I admire their courage for being there to begin with, the very idea that they stayed with the threat looming over their heads is amazing to me.  Their response to the whole bombing things is utterly astonishing.  They look forward to God furthering their territory and to planting many churches in the coming year for Christ.  Another thing: from their own mouths, “One sign of hope that the staff found was the discovery, among the blackened debris, of a shelf of Bibles and copies of the Jesus film untouched by the fire.”

If that is not a representation of Christ’s love, then I am at a loss.  And there are things like that going on all over the world everyday.  It is not necessarily on a global scale like that.  Some people take a step of faith just telling the people they meet.  

But why?  What would cause people to take these risks for God?  Perhaps there are clues in the Word.
“This is what God does.  He gives his best-the sun to warm and the rain to nourish-to everyone, regardless:  the good and bad, the nice and nasty.  If all you do is love the lovable, do you expect a bonus?  Anybody can do that, if you simply say hello to those who greet you, do you expect a medal?  Any run-of-the-mill sinner does that…Live generously and graciously toward others, the way God lives toward you.”  Jesus in Matthew 5.45-48

I want to share the lyrics of one of my favorite songs.  It is by the David Crowder Band if you want to rush out and get a copy.  That I would highly recommend.  The title of this song, and the CD, is ‘Collide.’

“The breaking makes a sound I never knew could be so beautiful and loud, fury filled and we collide.  So courageous until now, fumbling and scared.  So afraid You’ll find me out, alone here with my doubt.  Here it comes, a beautiful collision is happening now.  There seems no end to where You begin and there I am now You and I collide.  Something circling inside, spaciously You fly, infinite and wide, like the moon and sky collide.  Here it comes now.”

I love this song.  You’d need to hear it set to get the full effect; but the idea is there.  When I first became the Lord’s, Christian music was uncomfortable to me.  It took me months to be brave enough to sing along.  The music is so passionate, so vulnerable.  It sings of a God who is Great, who is Majestic, who is Love.  The reason why singing along made me uncomfortable was because when I sang, it felt like Someone was listening.  And I felt like I should mean what I say.

Now that I am so mature (ha-ha), I tend to veer away from Christian music for periods of time.  Whenever I do, my soul and spirit start to wither.  Seriously, it does.  I have come to realize that Christian music are all love songs.  It does my heart and soul good to sing these songs because I love Him.  Am I great at showing Him my love?  No, not really.  But that’s okay too, because He’s absolutely perfect at loving me.  Now I sing along at the top of my lungs, like a child.  


DO YOU HAVE PROOF THAT HE LOVES US?  

Why yes I do.  Thanks for asking!


“I’ve loved you the way my Father has loved me.  Make yourselves at home in my love.  If you keep my commands, you’ll remain intimately at home in my love.  That’s what I’ve done-kept my Father’s commands and made myself at home in his love.”  Jesus in John 15.9-10

“Suppose one of you had a hundred sheep and lost one.  Wouldn’t you leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and go after the lost one until you found it?  When found, you can be sure you would put it across your shoulders, rejoicing, and when you got home call in your friends and neighbors, saying, ‘Celebrate with me!  I’ve found my lost sheep!’  Count on it-there’s more joy in heaven over one sinner’s rescued life than over ninety-nine good people in no need of rescue.”  Jesus in Luke 15.4-7

One more.

“By now it was noon.  The whole earth became dark, the darkness lasting three hours-a total blackout.  The Temple curtain split right down the middle.  Jesus called loudly, “Father, I place my life in you hands!”  Then He breathed His last.” Luke 23.44-46

Intimate.  Rejoicing.  Dying for us.  This is the kind of love worth pursuing.  I can guarantee there’ no love like this you have ever experienced before.  Or will again.  Think about it.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI DEAR DAUGHTER IN CHRIST JESUS...GEE THAT FEELS WRITE TO SAY AND WRITE..YOU ARE A GIFT FROM HIM AND I LOVE YOU SOOO AND MISS YOU MORE...I WIL TRY TO CALL TONITE...OUR NEW ADDRESS IS 3805 N 33RD ST. TACOMA,WA 98407...THE HOUSE IS GOD THING AND I CAN'T WAIT TO TELL YOU MORE AS USAUAL HIS TIMING AND HIS CHOOSING WAS WORTH WAITING FOR INSPITE OF OUR RESISTANCE BUT OUR FAITH IS BEING STRNEGTHNED AND HE IS FAITHFUL ALWAYS...SUCH A MIGHTY GOD WE SERVE.ILOVE YOU DEAR AND LOOK FORWARD TO SPEAKING WITH YOU ..YOUR NOTE ON WAHT'S HAPPENING WAS SOOOOO GREAT AND REFRESHING AND ENCOURAGING...LUV YA THE STORMEISTER..GIGGLE